SongWorks Annual Conference
“From Our Roots We Continue to Grow”
2022 SongWorks Conference
March 31 – April 2, 2022
Save the dates!
We are delighted to announce that the SongWorks Educators Association Annual International Conference will return in person in the Spring of 2022. Join music educators from around the world for three days of learning, playing, and inspiration in Dallas, TX, March 31 – April 2, 2022.
For those who wish to attend virtually, we are planning for one conference day to be live-streamed. Stay tuned for upcoming details.
Proposal Deadline: September 7, 2021
Registration Begins: January 10, 2022
Presentation Proposals & Guidelines
Conference presentation proposals are being accepted now. How is your teaching rooted in SongWorks principles and practices? What playful and innovative ways are you teaching music to your students? Please consider sharing your experiences through a conference presentation. See details below for more information.
- Review the Proposal Selection Factors below as you create your proposal.
- Submit a separate form for each session you are proposing.
- Submit your proposal(s) here: Proposal Form by September 7, 2021.
- Confirm your SWEA membership is up to date to be considered for a conference presentation.
- Contact Conference Chair Nan Fitzpatrick (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or want to discuss your thoughts.
Applicability / Value
Will attendees be able to immediately incorporate what they learn into their teaching?
Will you share your process and intentions for learning so others can apply your ideas in their classrooms?
In addition to the core study songs of SongWorks, a variety of repertoire is welcome. Please be sure to research the history and meaning of any repertoire you are considering to ensure it is authentic and culturally affirming.
Overall range of conference topics and variety of activity types are considered in the selection process. Suggestions from our 2021 Conference feedback forms include:
- Culturally responsive and inclusive music and movement
- SongWorks for parents/grandparents, austic students, pre-schoolers, or teaching in a private student setting
- Music and STEM
- SongWorks outdoors
- Song writing for students
We look forward to receiving and reading your proposal! You will be notified of the status of your proposal no later than November 30, 2021.
Check back soon for information and details about registration, lodging, and more!
Conference materials from past conferences, including handouts, videos, and presentation slides are available in the Members Access section of the website. Not a member? You can join or renew your membership here.
Looking for session recordings from the 2021 Virtual Conference? Check back soon!